We left the house at 5am on January 3rd to head to the hospital for our planned c-section check in. I got set up in the pre-op room, then with 15 minutes to go, Jem met up with his Aunt Sarah in the waiting room....and while he waited...for what seemed like forever....

...our baby girl was born! 
A big thank you to my OB, Dr Joshua Nathan, who brought little Finley Ella Carter into this world safe and sound. At a whopping 8lbs 10oz I might add! Look at her rolls of fat, she's like the Michelin Tire baby! 
I was very excited to meet and hold her.....which I got to do right after she was born, and then again later in the recovery room. And yes, I am actually smiling! Not just on the inside (as the meds I was on post-op with Jem made me feel like I **was** smiling when in fact I wasn't LOL). 
Here's little Finley, just a few hours old, meeting everyone for the very first time! And first up, is Big Brother Jem! 
She looks a lot like her brother did when he was a newborn...and just like him, she loves being held by her daddy... 
Of course mommy had to put a cute little headband on her when she was 2 days old! How cute is she? 
And then on Day 3 we got to leave the hospital and head for home....look at how tiny she is in her new carseat! 
Of course, this is when all of the drama happened LOL. More on that in a later post. For now, we hope you've enjoyed looking at this very special event through our photos :)
Comments