Tennis
I love tennis. I have ever since I was a teen, living in Melbourne (the tennis capital of Australia). I used to go to the Australian Open with my friends, and roam around all day watching matches of players I liked. Such fun memories! When I first moved to the USA, Brandon and I lived in apartments...and they always seemed to have a tennis court attached. We would play together a few times a week...and used to have a ton of fun.
Since living in WA, Brandon and I haven't played any more tennis. Busy jobs, busy lives...it kind of fell by the wayside. The saddest part is that Jem hasn't had the opportunity to try this sport yet. So when I found out that his piano teacher's husband taught tennis, I was very excited! Finally! A reason to get out on the court, and someone to give Jem some pointers on the game!
Since living in WA, Brandon and I haven't played any more tennis. Busy jobs, busy lives...it kind of fell by the wayside. The saddest part is that Jem hasn't had the opportunity to try this sport yet. So when I found out that his piano teacher's husband taught tennis, I was very excited! Finally! A reason to get out on the court, and someone to give Jem some pointers on the game!

After only a few lessons, Jem now 'knows' what tennis is...he LIKES being on the court and hitting balls....and....Brandon and I have gotten our old rackets out (uhh very old, almost 20 years old in my case LOL) and have gone to hit balls with Jem at the High School courts almost every weekend. I'm so glad we had this opportunity to introduce Jem to a sport I've always loved :)
Comments